Platform Engineer - Permanent - $85k
** US Citizens and Green Card Holders Only**
** Candidates MUST be in the Tri-State Area**
The Desktop System analyst will lead efforts for technology implementation/evaluations. This involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need; evaluating and scoring products against the desired features; research activities, including readings, proofs-of-concept (POCs), and lab testing. It also includes configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Desktop solutions. The Engineer will also provide last-tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
* Provide last-tier support for both on-site and remote office locations as needed.
* Software Packaging
* MDM management (JamF, Intune)
* Manage projects and tasks such as upgrades, migrations, maintenance, R&D/POC of new technology with minimal supervision.
* Assist in the evaluation of business problems, evaluate and recommend vendor packages, and implement required software.
* Take ownership and responsibility of all onsite technology such as System Management, Imaging, and Endpoint Security (AV, Patching, Encryption).
* Improve on existing IT processes to enhance the end-user experience.
* Provide immediate support while juggling multiple projects and tasks.
* Prioritize tasks and be extremely efficient.
* Minimum 3 years + experience in Desktop engineering in a business environment.
* Highly Proficient in Windows 10 environment.
* Proficient in Mac OSX.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think out of the box.
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, GPO, and Azure AD.
* Experience with VM environment or equivalent is a plus.
* Experience with endpoint security (Av and Encryption).
* Proficient with Microsoft Software Products (Office, OS).
* Experience with PowerShell, Python, VBScript, WMI, or equivalent.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem research skills.
* Experience in software deployment and automation.
* Experience Rest API programming or equivalent.
* Knowledge of EPO Management or equivalent is a plus.
* Knowledge of Quest Kace 1000, 2000, and Microsoft Intune is a plus.
* Ability to effectively provide last-tier support for both on-site and remote office locations as needed.
* Must be willing to travel domestic and international as needed (15%).
If this role if of interest, please reach out to Shannon today at firstname.lastname@example.org.