Job Title: Azure Data/ETL Engineer
Job Type: PERM/Full-Time
Salary: $130,000-160,000 + excellent bonus packages
Location: Chicago, IL (must be on-site twice monthly)
* Experience in Tools used in the Modern Data Stack - Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Lake, Synapse, Databricks
* Mastery of SQL, Data warehouse design and implementation experience
* Advanced understanding of software and pipeline development aimed at data-driven business value generation
* Experience implementing data solutions in Azure
* Building pipelines in Azure Data Factory
* Experience building and managing Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
* Strong technical understanding of ETL processes, data analytics tools, and their associated technologies is required
* Focused responsibility on translating business requirements into tangible data projects developing SQL queries, pipelines, stored procedures, data warehouse load process, etc. that support the business goals
* Manage data pipelines: assist in creation of end-to-end data pipelines from external and internal sources to the data warehouse; create new pipelines, recreate configuration files as needed
* Deliver performance at scale, and accurately anticipate system enhancement needs
* Data integrity - Data manipulation, error identification and handling, and modeling
* Assist with troubleshooting efforts for pre-production and production related code
* Develop custom database objects, stored procedures, functions.
* Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
* Data mapping, transformation and performing ETL based on complex logic
* Enhance and support Modern Data Warehousing and data management projects along with ETL development
* Design system integrations as required for extracting data, enhancing data models and processes for reporting purposes
* Mapping of data sources, data movement and reconciliation with the goals of ensuring data quality & consistency
* Data analysis / data profiling to understand gaps, inconsistencies and other quality issues in existing source system data, and develop data sourcing solutions, as well as collaborating with stakeholders to identify, document and implement corrections / business rules / workarounds
* Develop a highly scalable, reliable, and high-performance data processing pipelines to extract, transform and load data from various systems
* Develop and enhance data delivery pipelines, data architecture, leveraging the latest Azure cloud-based data processing technologies
* Provide research, high-level design and estimates for data transformation and data integration from source applications to end-user BI solutions
* 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role.
* Hands-on experience building and managing Data Lakes & Data Warehouses.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience with implementing data solutions in Azure, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store and other relevant services
* Experience with SQL, Python/Java, and SOAP/REST Web Services
* Strong development hands on background in creating pipelines, data flows and complex data
* Experience with Azure Data Factory in building pipelines
* Hands on experience in using the Azure data copy and data flow activities
* Understanding of APIs and data processing.
* Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Science
* Experience working in Agile and Extreme Programming methodologies in a continuous deployment environment
* Working knowledge of server configuration / deployment infrastructure
* Excellent comp packages
* Incredible growth-oriented company culture
*Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email email@example.com / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.