We are looking for a data scientist to join a scale-up in Oslo!
You will be part of a cross-functional technical team including developers, designers and other data scientists all helping to revolutionise the food industry through technology
Through ML and the provision of meaningful insights, the work you create will help local cafes, bakeries, and eateries across Norway to become more sustainable & profitable through optimisation
With a focus on small & medium sized businesses, you will be able to see the direct impact your work, and the product you are helping to optimise, can have on individuals and their futures
* Take responsibility for the overall data and analytics space
* Facilitate the process for end users to make data driven decisions
* Get deep into the data, spotting data issues and like fixing these issues as they arrive
* Utilise both historical and real-time data
* Learn how data can impact the operations of food businesses, and which insights are most relevant
* Be forward-thinking to continually improve processes and have a natural curiosity towards trying new technologies
We are looking for you to have:
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (computer science, engineering, mathematics)
* Proficiency in Python
* Experience working with ML in a production setting
* Familiarity or an interest in NLP is beneficial
* Experience with Cloud (preferably open source)
Graduates with relevant project or internship experience are also encouraged to appy.
Why work here?
An opportunity to revolutionise the FoodTech industry to improve environmental sustainability! We are transforming the way food businesses operate - with a focus on local eateries who can benefit most from optimising their processes
You will be joining diverse and driven colleagues in a very collaborative environment where you can enjoy the autonomy to do what you do best, whilst seeing how your work directly impacts colleagues
As a relatively new company who has enjoyed great growth so far, you will benefit from a network of excellent start-up advisors with in-depth industry knowledge, and good financial backing
* Flexible working hours - whether you prefer to work early mornings and enjoy your evenings at home, or to have a lie-in and pick up work in the afternoon, there is no judgement from us!
* Central office with easy access to public transport
* Remote work allowed - whether it's from your couch, favourite coffee-shop, or perhaps your favourite holiday destination
* Free coffee / tea - whatever gives you energy!
* Social gatherings - to get to know your colleagues on a personal as well as professional level
* And most importantly, cake days! To sample some of the finest pastries around