SQL Server Database Administrator
I am working with a market leading organisation in the telecommunications industry who are looking for a SQL Server DBA to join their IT team. The organisation have their headquarters in central London but offer products to its customers around the UK, mainland Europe and Asia and are true pioneers in the industry. Due to a significant period of growth they are looking for a driven individual to join their team and manage the organisations SQL Server estate. The role will report to the Technical Director, where you will be part of the wider IT team working closely with a group of like minded IT professionals. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of the organisations servers that are held on premise and in the cloud and will have the opportunity to make an impact to the organisation's future plans.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas
* Ownership and day-to-day maintenance of up to 20 MS SQL Servers
* Take ownership of the organisations MS SQL Servers, including completing day-to-day maintenance tasks
* Manage database permissions and database security
* Complete regular backup procedures and create automated backup systems.
* Implement security measures across company databases.
* Disaster recovery planning and setting up high availability groups.
This is a salaried role paying up to �55,000 per annum depending on experience. The role is a hybrid opportunity with time split between the companies central London office and working from home. There is also a company benefits package on offer which includes holiday allowance and company pension scheme alongside others benefits.
To be successful in the role you will have
* Ability to demonstrate previous experience as a DBA using SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016.
* Thorough knowledge of T-SQL is essential.
* Solid understanding of approaches to SQL performance optimisation.
* Database and application performance tuning
* Experience using SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.