DEPARTMENT: REPORTS TO:
Manager, Applications Engineering
* Primary responsibility is to develop tightly aligned business strategy and capabilities as it relates to architecting and building solutions that enable the firm to be the premier leader in a cost/process efficient manner. Develop a deep understanding of core business needs to ensure delivered solutions meet or exceed the firm's short and long-term goals.
1. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
2. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
3. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
4. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
5. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes.
6. Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
7. Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
8. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in dealing with interpersonal situations
Analyzing Information, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Teamwork, General Programming Skills, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Architecture.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Strong software development skills utilizing Microsoft Dynamics 365
* SQL - 3-5 years of solid MS SQL Server through current, Azure SQL, and Stored Procedure experience
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2017-2022
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
* Ability to analyze business requirements and design technical solutions to match requirements
* Strong problem-solving ability a must
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* Azure DevOps, creating build scripts and deployments.
* Strong .NET software development proficiency (C#)
* Enterprise Application Development experience
3+ years' experience with Dynamics 365 finance and operations
4+ years' experience with the following: Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0+, ASP.NET, MVC, and C#
3+ years database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SSMS, SSRS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
Work may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position.
Overtime is possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in a normal heated or air-conditioned office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
This job description must not be misconstrued as a promise of employment, nor deemed as an employment contract.