Data Officer | Power BI | Financial Services
This company helps people and businesses make informed decisions on financial and insurance questions, and now they're further expanding their data team with a Data Specialist to help them on this journey.
They've been dominating this market across the Nordics for many years and have had a real focus to be data-driven to ensure that internal and external stakeholders have the most relevant information and are able to offer the best advice in finance, insurance and wealth management.
The Business Intelligence team's mission is to support colleagues with all things data: databases, advanced analytics and insights, therefor making the right decisions. They develop and manage the central infrastructure for data collection, distribution and presentation; the platform is a cornerstone of the business and what they've achieved on a data and development level - it is crucial for the data-driven culture that they are cultivating.
As the Data Specialist you will have the opportunity to fundamentally influence the design of the advanced analytics and the reach this has across the business.
You will do this by working in a team and contributing to the best-practice, designing and developing solutions independently and there is plenty of opportunity to put your stamp on this way of working. An 'anything is possible' attitude is highly desired so you can be involved in decision-making and taking steps to ensure group's mission to be data-driven is achievable.
Main responsibilities include:
* Strengthening the group's data analysis
* Collaborating with the business to explore and understand requirement, then translate those into technical solutions
* Create and maintain Power BI datasets and reports based on the data in the Azure SQL databases
* Help promote successful reports and analysis across the group
* Support specific data driven projects and topics by helping supply relevant data, doing analysis and generate insights, often in close collaboration with other group functions
Requirements for the position:
* A minimum of 3 years' experience as a BI/Data Analyst
* Interest in working with both the business and being technically hands-on
* Solid understanding of Power BI, or other front end tools
* Knowledge in SQL
* Fluent Swedish and English in speech and writing
Data is at the very core of what they do, so if you're passionate about data-driven decisions within the financial market and seeing how data can improve businesses from the inside-out, then this is the place for you.
What else can they offer you?
* You will be working in their modern offices in central Stockholm with a hybrid working model and therefore get the chance to work from home and work amongst colleagues.
* Working closely with the business and helping to understand what's needed from the data, very much feeling like your work is meaningful.
* They have a great culture - everybody is very sociable, friendly and passionate about what they do with lots of knowledge sharing potential.
* They're a Microsoft partner
* They have the financial strength of an enterprise company but as they have the same successful leadership team from when they first started, they have also great start-up feel (but with genuine structure).
* You have trust from day one and that is fed down from the CEO; you are never micro-managed and are given the freedom and trust to work in the best way that you and the team and have decided.
Does this sound like a good fit to your experience and a potentially interesting next step for you? Then apply to this advert and we can schedule in a chat to go into even further depth of how this company is making a difference.
I am also available on +46 77 588 86 15 and email@example.com, or you can find me on LinkedIn ( https://bit.ly/2TORgSb )