Sr. Systems Admin - Azure - Minneapolis - $105k + Fun Company
Our client is a well-established and rapidly growing manufacturer that is heavily investing in their IT infrastructure as they continue to scale. Despite their nationwide presence, the company retains the feel of a small, startup with a fun, dynamic corporate culture.
They treat their employees like family… for real.
We've done several placements with this client and feedback has always been positive as having a welcoming environment, an organization that is a firm believer in employee career growth as an essential part of their success.
This position will be responsible for System Administration supporting Infrastructure across several different company locations and working directly with a managed Information Technology Service Provider. In addition, this position works closely with internal help desk resources. This position can be fast paced and will need to be able to flex to solve different types of technical and process problems. Leadership, communication in both technical and business terms and follow-through are important for success
* Track and maintain hardware and software inventory.
* Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software. Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
* Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
* Run regular checks on network and data security.
* Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
* Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
* Own responsibility for projects and solutions within the larger business initiative.
* Conduct regular system audits.
* Run and share regular operation system reports with senior staff.
* Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages.
* Analyze departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to improve business decisions.
* Analyze processes, technologies, and vendor protocols to find areas for improvement.
* Prepare cost-benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and monitor vendors to ensure that they're offering the best-possible service and value for business needs.
* Train employees to use software and hardware; troubleshoot issues and provide technical support when needed. Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
* Develop and execute disaster recovery plans and maintain data backups.
Required Skills and experience:
* 5+ years in an IT Systems Administrator role, specifically utilizing Microsoft Infrastructure technologies and processes including Active Directory, Azure, Microsoft SCCM, etc.
* Experience with Infrastructure Asset Management
* Proven leadership and technical experience with ambition and energy to grow into greater responsibility.
* Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills with both technical and business staff
* Strong customer service orientation
* Proven ability to collaborate with a team.
* Project management skills to lead initiatives with strong attention to detail.
* Experience with vendor negotiations and contracts
* Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical and time management skills.
* Knowledge of on-prem and cloud or SaaS based systems.
Apply now by sending your resume to email@example.com, or for more information, call Matt at 646-540-7521.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft tech recruitment firm, dealing with over 78% of MSFT partners worldwide. We advertise more MSFT jobs than any other agency globally. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users through North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Microsoft Dynamics market, I have built relationships with more of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome to speak to any Microsoft tech candidates that are considering a new career or job now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. Please contact see www.nigelfrank.com for more amazing Microsoft Azure opportunities.
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency to this vacancy.