Azure BI Developer - Remote/Cumbria
Please note - this role requires the unrestricted right to work in the UK. This organisation is not able to offer sponsorship.
A public sector organisation based in Cumbria are looking to recruit an Azure BI Developer to join their growing Data & Analytics team.
The core focus of this role will be to work alongside a partner in the migration of the on-prem data warehouse into MS Azure. As such, this role offers a great opportunity to gain experience with emerging Azure cloud technologies!
The Data & Analytics team sits within a large vibrant IT function led by the CTO who is hugely focused on developing their capability and use of Data Analytics as an organisation. Interestingly, the organisation is currently undergoing a significant IT transformation project which is the first of it's kind in the UK.
Day-to-day your role will include:
* Data Warehouse development including the design and development of the infrastructure, ETL processes and reporting.
* Evaluate user, business and technical requirements to identify options and recommendations to develop detailed specifications.
* Responsibility for the integration of various applications including designing and developing data sharing, data architecture and consistent techniques.
* Provide 3rd line technical support.
* Responsibility for data security and policies.
* Contribute to establishing best practice protocol across the team.
* Work closely with partners and suppliers.
To be a good fit for this role you should have the following experience:
* Strong experience with SQL Server development
* Strong ETL development experience using SSIS or Azure Data Factory.
* Experience with reporting tools - e.g. SSRS, Power BI etc.
* Strong stakeholder management experience.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
* A desire to work with emerging cloud technologies.
This role pays £40,000 and offers the opportunity to work remotely as desired. There will be an expectation that you attend the office based in Penrith at least once or twice per month.
To apply for this role please submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.