Cloud site reliability engineer
I work at Nigel Frank on the Microsoft recruitment team. I have a client in need of a Site reliability engineer with strong azure experience to start asap on a 6 month contract role. I will include all the details and job descriptions below and if you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch as soon as possible with your most up-to-date CV and confirm you are happy for Nigel frank to represent you. Thanks
* 6 months
* Outside IR35
* €270 per day
* two days on-site per week in Krak�w
* You are obsessed by achieving a secure and reliable platform through SRE best practices.
* You value partnerships and communities as much as individual delivery to deliver worldclass cloud native services.
* You are driven by value and understand the role of IT in enabling business value outcomes.
* You want to work with the latest Cloud Native capabilities and have external insights which you believe will make us better.
* You have a Learner mindset and continuously strive to grow and develop both yourself and others.
* You are at ease interfacing with both IT and business stakeholders and are able to cross over from IT to business value narratives.
* You want to work in a company that values health, safety and well-being as well as D&I above anything else.
As Site Reliability Engineer in IT Operations, your primary responsibilities are as follows:
* Work as part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team (global) to deliver world-class services to our consuming businesses.
* Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
* Ensure all key services are measured, monitored, and raising alerts when needed
* Automation of deployment and configuration processes
* Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
* Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
* Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, and root cause analysis.
* You will be an expert in infrastructure and best practices, and we help development teams use infrastructure more effectively.
* Must have legal authorization to work in the country where the role resides
* Must be able to converse in english and able to convey technical issues to colleagues and clients
Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
* Minimum of 5+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must have a deep sense of ownership and accountability.
* Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
* A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
* Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
* Working knowledge of Kubernetes (AKS/EKS), TFE, Prometheus, Jenkins, GitHub actions (or other similar toolset) - may differ depending on the specific role.