The Microsoft System Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and administering the Corporate architectures based on the Microsoft technologies and, furthermore, he/she will perform the scouting, evaluation, delivery of new technologies or products which adoption could improve the IT Services and the IT Security according the Corporate guidelines.
The primary duties will include the maintenance, troubleshooting and updating of installed architectures and servers, the management of Microsoft cloud services such as Microsoft365 and Azure.
He/She will be accountable for delivering the assigned projects related to the new/updated architectures.
Finally He/She will be involved in the execution of IT Operations also on other technologies and in the delivery of Support Services to the End-Users.
* Maintain and administer the Microsoft architectures on-prem and/or cloud-based.
* Keep updated the Microsoft architectures with care to the IT Security requirements and to the impact on the delivered services.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot the issues to the Microsoft architectures also by involving and coordinating the external Support Services (Partners or Microsoft Support).
* Design and implement modern solutions based either on on-prem and Cloud services according to the Business needs, with a special attention to the IT Security guidelines also as an upgrade or improvement of those already running.
* Deliver the implementation projects accordingly to the requirements, managing properly the resources available and following the corporate guidelines
* Monitor the performances of the architectures based on Microsoft products, suggest and/or apply improvements when needed or required.
* Perform the required IT Operations and deliver the second level support, with special care of Microsoft technologies but not limited to.
* Participate in the execution of data backups and disaster recovery operations if/when required.
* Contribute to investigating and solving the infrastructural issues, according to the needs of the Team, and to the delivery of the IT support services to the End-Users.
* Keep him/herself trained and updated on Microsoft technologies and perform the scouting and evaluation of new solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* 4+ years in a similar position
* Good analytics and troubleshooting competencies oriented to the problem solving
* Expertise about team management
* Good knowledge of the English language (written/spoken)
* Microsoft's valuable certifications could be a plus
* Mastery of the following Microsoft products and technologies: Server OS, ADDS, Microsoft365 cloud services including the sync services (AADConnect and related operations) ant Intune.
* Proficient in the design and implementation of Microsoft Azure solutions with focus to the infrastructural topics and IT Security matters.
* Good kwnoledge of the infrastructural Microsoft services such as DFS, ADCS, RDS, Exchange Server related to the hybrid Office365 schema. SCCM/MECM could be a plus.
* Good knowledge and usage of Powershell cli and related scripting skills.
* Good knowledge of the networking fundamentals such as protocols, ISO/OSI levels, subnetting and routing; knowledge of storage, networking and virtualization technologies
* The knowledge of the virtualization environments based on Vmware ESXi and of the security key-terms about firewalls, edge protection, email protection will be a plus.