Azure Data Delivery Lead - Remote (New England Area) - $165k
As an Azure Data Lead, you will join our client's increasingly growing and exciting Azure Data and Analytics practice. You will be required to apply enterprise principles, standards and practices serving as the conduit for influencing their clients Enterprise Data Architecture's direction while optimizing solutions for them. You will evaluate business needs and objectives, current and future state and transform into Azure data solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs. You must also provide technical guidance and oversight to development team, mentor those in less senior positions and ensure a consistent state of excellence during and post-delivery of the solution. You will be integral to the design, development, and delivery of all modern data solutions on Azure for their clients.
* Architect, Design and deploy platform architecture to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management leveraging components like Azure functions, Azure Data Factory, Data Flows, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Streaming Analytics and more.
* Architect, design and deploy data platforms within the Cloud adoption framework for data landing zones.
* Perform requirements analysis, design, and prototyping for data solutions.
* Participate in pre-sales and statement of work development efforts.
* Communicate efficiently and with deep technical knowledge regarding concepts and best practices of the end-to-end data platform and architecture.
* Provide oversight and guidance to platform, data, BI and ML engineering teams. It is expected that you provide direct experience within at least 3 of these core areas.
* Development, review, and revision of best practices for technical implementation and development and communication to supporting delivery resources.
* Lead data engineering efforts in Azure Synapse Analytics workspace and/or data factory and Synapse SQL Pools and Azure Databricks.
* Data engineering development with one or more languages: Python & Pyspark, T-SQL, SparkR & R, Scala.
* Familiarity with DevOps tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Maven etc.
* Proven experience architecting and documenting a data platform and data engineering architecture.
* Proven experience managing multiple engagements/projects as a technical lead.
* Proven knowledge on Cloud adoption framework concepts.
* 8+ years of relevant professional technology experience.
* 5+ years of experience in a data transformation language like SQL, Python or Scala.
* 5+ years of data engineering with Hadoop, Spark, Databricks, SSIS or other data integration tool.
* 5+ years of working experience with SQL Server, data warehousing and data analytics projects
* 3+ years developing, deploying, and testing data pipelines in Azure or other cloud provider.
* 3+ years of experience with Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, SQL DW and other Azure Data Services.
* 2+ years of experience with version control and DevOps or DataOps.
* 1+ years infrastructure as code development on Azure (ARM, Bicep, Blueprints).
* Experience architecting and Azure data solution with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Data Lake or other Azure data service.
* Experience deploying Azure data solution with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Data Lake or other Azure data service.
* Experience developing on Azure data platforms, integration techniques & self-service data preparation.
* Experience designing and developing data engineering flows on Azure Data Factory or Azure Synapse leveraging a data lake ELT approach.
* Experience building scalable data platforms on Azure.
* Experience with Azure solutions and infrastructure concepts such as private endpoints, hub and spoke networking, subscription management, etc.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
* MS Certified: Data Engineering Associate.
* MS Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
* Prior technical consulting experience.
* Consulting experience supporting multiple client initiatives.
* Prior participation building estimates and defining scope for statements of work.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
* Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
* Life and Disability Insurance
* Open PTO Policy
* Holiday PTO
* Paid training certification
* Bonus plan
* Flexible working arrangements & more
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com.