Do you want to work for a modern, innovative company that don't care about the norm? Have you always been the one who does things a little bit differently, good or bad? And do you care about people and the planet? If you're nodding your head, this might be for you...
My client started out in 2017 with a simple mission: To eliminate food waste.
Their passion and hunger (if you pardon the pun) drove them to wild success, quickly making a name for themselves as one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Sweden. They were even personally mentioned by an ex-US president at a UN hearing.
Then came the pandemic, which caused my client to have to cut its workforce down from 120 to 20. Things looked bleak, but through their resolve, forward-thinking, and determination, they're back on track and are looking to scale up again.
They have had to change their product in order to survive. Their product is now a web and mobile application that can be used by both restaurants/food providers, and hungry people, to sell, donate, and buy food in the most environmentally efficient and cost-effective way; quick-fire discounts, split bills, loyalty features, surplus food management, and planet-saving incentives. They have some really smart people working in the company at all levels, and this really shows with their product. Could you be one of the brain-boxes to take them into the stratosphere?
Role & responsibilities
As a Junior Java Developer, you will join a small cross-functional team and continue to expand the web/mobile applications. You'll get exposure to the whole product life cycle, working from inception to implementation. You will work with engineers, Product designers/owners, and you will handle Databases, UI, web-oriented, and occasionally mobile-oriented challenges. You'll basically be getting paid to be a sponge. No, this is not a job ad for the Krusty Krab… Although they could be one of your customers.
If you live in Sweden or the UK, you can apply. The role is quite unique because you will have to decide if you are an in-office worker (offices in Stockholm and London), or a remote worker. Hybrid working is not an option because my client does things a little bit differently. I did warn you.
* Experience working full-stack is essential for this requirement - so you will need some experience working with Node.JS within a cloud-hosted environment.
* Knowledge/hands-on experience of wider infrastructure-related technologies like Kubernetes and Terraform is NOT a hard requirement but IS a huge bonus.
* Fluency in Swedish and/or English. You do not need both, just one or the other.
* A great salary package: up to 50,000 SEK per month / �47,000 per year, with a standard pension, insurance, hardware, wellness allowance, and stock options (this benefit will be more attractive once you read the below)
* Company is currently on a road-map to be the #1 food provider in Sweden by Q1 2023, and are internationalising further by Q1 2023 - so a great time for you to join, as the company is about to embark on a massive scaling-up project that will see you establishing yourself as seniors within the team, code-base, and product.
* This is your chance to join one of the most well-known start-ups in Sweden, their end goal is to create the solutions to allow us to see, in our lifetimes, the first Zero food waste generation. This is so much more rewarding than a lot of the jobs on the market, and if food waste is a personal bug-bear of yours like it is mine, you will be working towards a shared purpose and passion with your soon-to-be colleagues.
If you know a good thing when you see it, please apply by clicking the link, or send your CV to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also available via email for any questions or concerns you may have before applying.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft technology recruitment. Since 2006, we've found over 19,000 permanent and contract Microsoft professionals for partners, ISVs, and end users in the ecosystem.
For more information, visit nigelfrank.com.