SC Cleared Cyber Defence Engineer - Inside IR35 - 12 Months
Location - OnSite in West Midlands
Rate - Flexible (Inside IR35)
Duration - 12 Months (Extensions Likely)
My client has an opportunity for an SC Cleared Cyber Defence Engineer to join them on a 12 Month contract with the opportunity to extend beyond the initial duration.
* Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recover-ability.
* Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents and events to ensure continuing operability.
* Perform system administration on cyber defence applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, backup and restoration.
* Coordinate with SOC and CTI Analysts to assist in the development of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defence network tools in response to new/observed threats within the network environment or enclave.
* Manage the compilation, cataloguing, distribution, and retrieval of data from a range of enterprise networks and data sources.
* Implement data management standards, requirements, and specifications.
* Develop data standards, policies, and procedures.
* Analyse data sources to provide actionable recommendations and facilitate data-gathering methods.
* To share knowledge, skills and experience, create and improve documentation, and train new members of the data engineering team.
* Knowledge of system administration concepts for operating systems such as Unix/Linux, IOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.
* Knowledge of cyber defence and information security policies, procedures and regulations.
* Knowledge of big data technologies and ecosystems (e.g., NiFi).
* Knowledge of current market and emerging leaders in data analytical and SIEM platforms.
* Knowledge of network security implementations, including their function and placement in a network.
* Knowledge of intrusion detection systems and signature development.
* Knowledge of front-end collection systems, including network traffic collection, filtering, and selection.
* Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components and principles.
* Experience of Enterprise ICS/network architectures and technologies.
* Prior experience working with frameworks and technologies that support data-intensive distributed applications.
* Experience maintaining and administrating data analytical/SIEM platforms.
* Experience using host and network-based IDS/IPS
* Prior experience using packet capture solutions.
* Skilled in developing and deploying signatures.
* Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organisational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
* Ability to provide technical and service leadership to junior SOC Engineers (mentor/coach).
Apply today to avoid missing out on interview slots. To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please contact Cameron Harris by phone on 0203 909 9463 or send your current CV to email@example.com