This Business Analyst will be part of the Enterprise Business Applications Team
Outcomes and Activities:
* This position will work from home
* Gather requirements from business users and record them clearly in a format useful to developers and test analyst.
* Work collaboratively with PMO, Product, Stakeholders and IT team member to achieve objectives.
* Maintain application backlog that clearly describes tasks. Keep the backlog clean.
* Partner with developers to achieve great application performance.
* Test new features and code to be sure they meet business requirements.
* Show insight; know your application design & data; offer simple, provide alternative working solutions.
* Analyses the risk and impact to the business, recommends changes.
* Recognizes scope, timeline, and budget risks.
* Apply team coding, documenting and testing standards and recommend process improvement.
* Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Understand the business process your application supports.
* Improve your application and team processes.
* Decrease incidents and increase up-time of your application.
* Monitors the health of the teams, recognizes and act on coaching opportunities to increase team health.
Competencies: The following items detail how you will be successful in this role.
* Elicitation Techniques: Engage PMO, Product and stakeholders from multiple departments to build a shared understanding of the opportunity.
* Facilitation Techniques: Organize, support and/or conduct workshops, meetings, presentations specific to the objectives of each, problem to be solve, and needs of the audience.
* Impact Analysis: Understand the rationale behind and how changes impact the enterprise and/or applications and across the technical ecosystem.
* Requirements Management: Plan, execute, monitor, and control any or all of the work associated with requirements elicitation and collaboration, requirements analysis and design, and requirements life cycle management.
* Solution Design: Ability to translate high level requirements to create and implement designs that meet the needs of the customer, are technically sound, maintainable and cost effective. Ability to identify missing or ambiguous requirements. Ability to design at both high and low levels of abstraction, understand complex requirements and translate into understandable solutions. Ability to accurately estimate based on requirements.
* Technical Domain: Have an understanding of the technical domain, including the application architecture, design and data of the application they support and systems to which it interfaces.
* Experience using an HRIS system
* Bachelor's degree OR Equivalent Experience
* Minimum of 5 years; experience in Business Analyst or related role (Senior)
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in Business Analyst or related role (Mid Level)
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Experience documenting user requirements (e.g., maintenance request or SOW)
* QA Testing experience
* Business Process Reengineering experience in Finance Industry (Senior)
* Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
* Experience leading 2+ end-to-end project implementations as a BA (Senior)
* Basic knowledge of web technology (Senior)
* Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Project management experience, PMP Certification
* Minimum of 3-year experience supporting a web application as a business/quality/functional analyst (Senior)
* Minimum of 1 year experience supporting a web application as a (Mid Level) business/quality/functional analyst (Mid Level)
* Ability to write complex database queries (SQL / PLSQL) and study data patterns (Senior)
* Basic understanding of Java technologies
* Respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects, and tasks
* Be organized, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests
* Convey complex information in a timely and easily understood way to all levels of the organization
* Demonstrate insight; make recommendations as opportunities arise
* Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with moderate supervision
* Maintain customer focus; keep the customer's and company's best interest in mind
* Work well with abstract concepts. Be analytical. Solve problems