Key announcements from Microsoft WPC you should know
It has been a week since the end of WPC13 and we are still buzzing from the excitement of it all.
It was a fantastic event with over 16,000 attendees from partners all over the world.
We caught up with a lot of clients who we currently work with as well as meeting lots of new ones so in terms of our experience, it was a huge success. As Silver sponsors, our sponsor session was a great success and we will soon be releasing the information to those who missed it.
There were lots of big announcements and statements from the events, here is a short summary:
- The Microsoft realignment – One Microsoft
- Dynamics 2013 will be arriving in Fall 2013 and there will be quite a few changes
- AX 2012 R2 Feature Packs
- NAV 2013 R2
- GP 2013 R2
- License types for Dynamics CRM: Essential, Basic and Professional
- Serious investment in private clouds and hybrid clouds
- Office 365 Open expanding to Exchange Online, government and academic offerings
- Power BI for Office 365 preview
- Office 365 integration and Dynamics NAV on Windows 8
- Social Listening available soon for Microsoft Dynamics CRM via Netbreeze
- The City Next Initiative
- New competency from January 2014 – “User Experience”
- TouchWins program which is an incentive scheme for partners to sell Windows 8 touch-enabled devices
- Windows 8.1 is due for release to OEM manufacturers at the end of August
The key focuses for FY14 were announced at the event to include:
- Win in mobile – tablets & phones
- Accelerate customers’ move to our Cloud
- Competing to WIN – offensively doubling down
- Customer Satisfaction – take it to a new level
Some huge statistics including:
- Office 365 is the fastest growing Microsoft product of all time -growing at over 500%
- Azure growing at 150%
- The last 12 months was the biggest launch period in Microsoft history
The final big announcement was that WPC14 is to be in Washington, D.C. on 13th- 17th July 2014 – we can’t wait to see you there!