Reporting to the VP, Human Resources & HSE, the Fleet Optimization Specialist will primarily be responsible for utilizing fleet optimization software to develop technician schedules weeks and months in advance that maximize efficiency and reduce unnecessary travel times. This will be achieved by working with the service team to establish a priority of service variables within the scheduling system such as grouping site locations, maximizing available resources, and balancing technician workloads. The successful Fleet Optimization Specialist will have the ability to both manage and operate the technical aspects of service software while also having the interpersonal skills to collaborate with the service coordination team to best respond to customer needs while also maintaining service efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities that improve financial performance and service levels, enhancing value proposition for internal and external customers for the service operations team
* Become an expert user of fleet routing software to maximize utilization of equipment and technicians, reviewing all results for accuracy and efficiency
* Provide troubleshooting and real time solutions to minimize service disruptions in a cost-effective manner
* Understand workflow planning and scheduling processes in FS Microsoft 365 module and integrate route optimization solutions into daily planning and scheduling
* Proficient in RSO Microsoft 365 Dynamics Route optimization software
* Become proficient in GEOTAB fleet management software and integrate optimization solutions with real time feedback from GPS tracking software
* Participate in modeling new customer route sequences to support bids on servicing new regions, new customers
* Support continuous upkeep and accuracy of all data fields in company software applications
* Generate and use KPIs to drive performance and efficiency
* Make recommendations to improve route efficiency and reduce cost by analyzing stop sequence, customer requirements, available resources,
* Perform continuous analysis of the fleet condition
* Develop future weekly/ monthly /quarterly/ annual schedules and modify/update as customer requirements change on frequent basis
* Ensure proper labor planning for Company Technicians by adhering to regulatory rules
* Adhere to all operational and company policies and procedures
* Assist and support in ensuring paperwork is submitted in a timely manner to expedite customer invoices
* Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or other related fields
* 3 or more years of transportation industry/fleet optimization experience
Skills and Other Qualifications
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Solid understanding of transportation/trucking operations
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 FS and RSO software platforms
* Ability to work under pressure with the ability to meet any/all deadlines
* Ability to multi-task and work with team members
* Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
* Strong critical thinking skills to solve complex or ambiguous problems
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management, internal and external staff, and outside agencies
* Self-motivated, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
* Standard office environment
* Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
* Continually required to sit or stand at a desk, up to 8 hours daily.
* Clarity of vision (i.e., working with small objects or reading small print), including use of computers.
* Sitting for long periods of time may be required.
* Competitive pay depending on previous experience and current certifications. We are a performance-based company and pay will ultimately reflect the employee's productivity and overall performance.
* Health Insurance, STD & LTD, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K (Roth and Pretax)
* Paid holidays, vacation (accrued), and sick days
* Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
* This is a remote position and will require the employee to work from home.
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA federal contractor. NPC affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Email email@example.com for immediate consideration!