AWS DevOps Engineer - Remote & Commutable to NW
My client are a growing, award winning MSP based in the North West of the UK. They work in a multi-cloud environment utilising AWS, Azure and their own cloud.
Are you a talented AWS engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing company? You will be working as part of an innovative, fast paced technology driven culture who are always looking at ways to enhance how technology is used for their customers.
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- Building out solutions - delivery and implementation
- Onboarding - taking on a customer's existing AWS infrastructure, getting it into a manageable state, cloud watch logging, alerting.
- Working with the development team, introducing pipelines
- Consultative services
- Build pipelines
- Migrating databases
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
- AWS - 4 years - Fundamentals & understanding of core services
- Infrastructure as code
- Open source technology
- Networking - Edge - Delivery
- Linux, Apache, MySQL, Bash
- Datacentre Migrations
- Azure to AWS Migrations
- On Prem to AWS Migrations
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role):
- Containerisation - great to see, not critical, have stuff in pipeline where they may require this
- Security / Remediation
- DevOps tools
- Enterprise datacentre migrations
- Cloud Adoption Framework
- AWS Professional Certification (at least one)
- 4 years hands on experience with AWS / Cloud in a commercial environment
- MSP / Solution Provider background (or, a very good reason as to why they are ready or want to work in consultancy)
- Worked with multiple enterprise clients, technical and non-technical people
Culture & Values
- Family Orientated
- Fun Atmosphere
- Work-life Balance
- Wellbeing Culture
- Technology Driven
- Honesty & Integrity
- Base Salary - from £50,000 to £75,000 per annum depending on your skill level
- Plus much more…
- Working Location - Hybrid - depending on where you live (majority remote, some office working depending on where you live, but you have to be open to it, as thats part fo their culture)
- Working Hours - Flexible with core hours 10am-4pm
- Interview Process - 2 stages
- Reporting Into - Cloud Engineering Manager
- Salary Reviews - Every 6 months
- Dress Code - Smart casual
- Progression Paths - multiple paths for progression, either a Senior AWS Engineer or transition over to a AWS Architect.
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss. This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.