The client is seeking a Vice President of Professional Services to operate as a senior leader representing the client in the US and Canada. Within targeted territories, the VP will possess deep knowledge of the market and situational awareness to call on IT, Finance, Risk, and Business Development leaders. You will be a trusted advisor to the industry, promoting optimum visibility to prospects on our product and services offerings. The VP will also work with customers to achieve successes with implementation and full value expectations. In summation, they will represent the client as a thought leader in the professional services ecosystem.
This role works closely with client management in risk, operations, and IT to ensure seamless coordination of overall delivery. The VP will take ownership of identifying new pipelines by (1) developing meaningful leads, (2) arranging introductions to potential new customers, and (3) growing the existing customer base. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, an existing network of contacts in defined territories, and prior experience in the industry of legal, financial, banking, consulting, or another professional services organization.
Candidates should possess a diverse background in the areas of P&L management, financial oversight, organizational development, personnel management, and technology services. To be successful, this person must be an intrapreneur with experience in modern cloud technologies and have the ability to develop relationships with other members of the client's leadership.
Our ideal VP of Professional Services will establish themselves as a global head within the company and contribute to the design and implementation of strategic business units for the organization. This role will work with limited oversight and play an agile part in maintaining high-value client relationships.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the client.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of securing trusted relationships with our customers and business partners. Our singular goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and supporting their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a dynamic business unit with vision and passion. You will be measured by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of the Professional Services team contributions.
As you continue to execute successfully, our Professional Services business unit will increasingly become a capability that differentiates the client within the global marketplace while ensuring the Professional Services Group is tightly integrated and is proactive in participating throughout all aspects of our Selling Process (marketing, sales, pre-sales, implementation, relationship management, etc.).
Required Travel - Occasional travel to the client's HQ, strategic customer sites, conferences, and other related events (<10%). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training - Ongoing with first week orientation at HQ followed by a 90 day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all onboarding will be temporarily conducted remotely.
- Solid technological foundation in the following areas: decision management platforms, cloud implementations, 3rd party integration, and big data and analytics platforms
- Extensive experience in progressively senior positions within a solution/service delivery environment and proven expertise implementing effective management processes within complex environments
- Ability to provide guidance to Project Management teams to enhance the client's Technology with industry-leading agile delivery features
- Foster an environment that allows consultants and customers to donate business thinking to a marketplace repository to maximize component re-use
- Maintains a strong understanding of the external Business Intelligence market in order to ensure our solution offerings are based upon real and quantifiable market demands. Continuously reviews our solution offerings to ensure we are most effectively going after these market opportunities
- Knowledge of the competitive market
- 10 years working in a business, strategic, or company operations role within a B2B software company in a niche industry
- Professional services niche experience in Cloud infrastructure and technology
- Key driver of initiatives and able to influence and enforce choices with a well-rounded and impartial process of evaluation
- Strong ability to influence others, build consensus, and deliver innovative solutions with measurable results