Microsoft BI Stack Developer/Analyst
This is a special opportunity for a person energized by the rewards and challenges of bringing business value to life - through the application of analytical, interpersonal, and technical BI resources. The ideal candidate will have strong business knowledge exemplified by the ability to translate business needs into technical BI tools. A qualified candidate will possess the ability to execute all phases of BI tool development: needs analysis, solution conceptualization, prototype development, and on through to user acceptance. In-process adjustments gathered from user feedback is critical. This role offers the satisfying opportunity to exercise interpersonal, analytical, technical, and creative skills.
- Gather and translate business requirements and build-out insightful BI solutions, following established departmental design patterns.
- Research existing system databases to identify valuable data, and crystalize the business logic required to translate this into useful BI information.
- Adherence to established design standards while effectively managing internal customers' expectations. "Choosing the right tool for the job."
- Comfortable working on a wide range of projects: BI Tool Development, System Integrations, and backend System Analyses.
- Research new data sets and establish new integrations to generate both incremental, and transformative business value.
- Perform data validations and implement automated data quality checks to perfect data reliability and consistency.
- Ability to generate and maintain code documentation using clear communication practices.
- Active learner, and curious. Willing to learn fundamentals of functional business areas.
Required Technical Expertise & Skills
DAX development expertise, as expressed in:
- Power BI Dashboard Development
- Full Dashboard development from data ingestion, data modelling creation of metrics, and graphical storytelling
- Dashboard deployments into PowerBI.com
- Excel Power Pivot Data Models (Prototypes for full Azure Tabular cubes)
- Full PowerPivot development from data ingestion, data modelling and creation of metrics
Visual Studio, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Admin, as expressed in:
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) - ETL Package Development & Deployment
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) - Parameterized Reports
- SQL Server Agent -> Job Creation, Scheduling & Failure Analysis
- Net or C#
Additional Technical Skills
(Possessing these would enhance your candidacy, or represent areas in which you would like to grow your skill set)
DAX, as expressed in:
- SSAS Tabular Models (Deployed to Azure)
- System / Site Administration
- Query Analysis
- System Admin Activities
- Data Warehouse Design
Code Management Solutions
- Azure Dev Ops Server
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Synapse
- Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server Machine Learning Services (SQL Server 2017 )
- R Studio / Python Data Analysis
- Azure Synapse