Test Engineer III - FULLY REMOTE - Up to £40,000
My client is building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is their mandate. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. They are a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and they are looking for like-minded individuals to join them on their journey.
Things they are obsessive about:
- Small team, big things
- Develop, grow, thrive
- Real people, real problems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework - define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions.
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected.
- Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
- Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Engineering teams to resolve them.
- 5-7 years in a Test Engineering position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Coding or scripting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.).
- Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments.
- Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs.
- Good knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Excellent technical understanding and ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies exploratory testing in an Agile environment
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
To apply or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 338 6624