Data Architect-- 100% Remote-- Permanent
Sponsorship not available.
Our client is looking to fill a Data Architect/Data Scientist position that requires 7 years of prior experience as a Data Architect/Data Scientist. The position is a consultative technical position working with large enterprise customers who will implement end-to-end data management solutions on multiple BI platforms such as Azure Data Warehouse services (Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Pureview, Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services), AWS Data Warehouse services (Redshift, Glue, Kafka, Kinesis, Data Pipeline, RDS), Cloudera, DataBricks, Teredata, Snowflake, Alteryx, Talend, SSIS, Informatica, Power BI, and Tableau to name a few.
They are looking for a candidate who can interact directly with their clients to consult, solicit business rules, design, and build solutions to address the client's business intelligence and data management challenges. The Data Architect/Data Scientist position may be required to create, modify, and maintain data entities based on customer requirements and initiatives.
Design, development, and implementation of end-to-end data management solutions will require, amongst other things, expertise overseeing data sourcing, architecture, integration, data storage, data transfer, and visualization (Power BI, Tableau) dashboard development. The candidate must display advanced data query and manipulation skills - data modeling, data blending, and data integration.
There may be up to 75% travel required, and daily work activities are managed within a virtual environment supported by the ability to telecommute.
- Experience leading a team of business intelligence resources throughout an entire project lifecycle
- Experience leading the definition and documentation of all business intelligence policies and procedures, standards, design, and metrics to support customer analytic business rules
- Cloud Platform (Azure, AWS, Snowflake, etc.)
- Statistical analysis tools (MiniTab, SAS, SPSS, etc.…)
- Data Visualization Tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Proficient SQL (SQL, Stored Procedures, Dynamic SQL, Joins, Aggregation, etc.)
- Experience with Data Structure Solutions (Big Data, RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, Postgress, etc.)
- Deep understanding of data governance, data integrity, master data management, data quality design, development, and deployment best practices.
- Deep understanding of technology-based business processes, including related business models, technical components, modern software development processes, i.e., Agile Scrum, etc.
- Experience structuring and analyzing large quantities of data and information for statistical and analytical modeling
- Deep understanding of BI best practices, architectures, tools, methodologies, and Software
- Exposed to ETL tools, best practice processes - enterprise ETL tools, self-service, data preparation
- Good strong oral, written communication, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to partner with client stakeholders from various parts of an organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile Development)
- Proficiency with data modeling and experience using data modeling tools like ERwin, Visio, ER/Studio, Oracle Designer
- Proficiency in predictive analytics, AI, and ML
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to capture current data management requirements and objectives from different stakeholders that define their needs.
Required Consultative Competencies
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, and documents.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Proven ability to partner with client stakeholders from various parts of an organization
- Oral and Written Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Response to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Strong written skills.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and priorities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Ability to handle multiple tasks and workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
If this is of interest, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org