Senior Data Engineer - London
Are you a talented Senior Data Engineer looking for your next challenge? This client is a global events management organisation. They are market leaders within their industry and have a number of offices located worldwide. This organisation specialises in delivering marketing, networking and information solutions in high-value sectors.
This organisation's values are based on passion, imagination, care, and trust. These values define the way they do everything. With people at the heart of everything they do, they are looking for technical, ambitious, and hardworking to join their successful and dynamic business.
- To oversee, develop and manage the Customer Data Platform databases
- To oversee and maintain the database architecture within the Customer Data Platform
- Oversee and develop API & SFTP integrations with 3rd Party Vendors and the Customer Data Platform
- The ownership of unification and data governance within the Customer Data Platform
- To define use cases and assist with setting up proof of concepts to drive the future use of data within the Data Platform
- The ownership and governance of the customer data model for 10 brands globally
This role has an 80% technical and 20% business-facing split. Therefore, you will need to be comfortable with doing hands-on technical work.
Technical experience required:
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Skilled at optimising large, complicated SQL statements
- Deploying functions in a cloud setting - Azure Data Factory or AWS Lambda
- Proficient in writing scalable code using Python
- Documenting and designing database architecture
- Good understanding of REST APIs, IP, JSON, HTTPS etc.
- Previous experience working with Customer Data Platforms
- Ability to understand code version tools e.g. Git or Mercurial
- Experience developing, documenting and owning complex data models
Soft Skills required:
- Communication skills - ability to communicate complex solutions to non- technical users
- Handle multiple projects and programmes simultaneously
- Ability to get up to speed, dive into problem and come up with solutions quickly
- Innovative and adaptable
- Willingness to learn and grow with the ability to initiate and implement change
- Base salary up to £75,000
- Holiday allowance
- And more
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.