Senior Software Engineer | 100% Remote | Global Investment Bank
I am engaged with a Global Investment Bank, one of the world's largest, who are looking to recruit experienced Senior Java Engineers as part of a huge Summer recruitment drive in 2021. These roles are part of a multi-year program of work set within their 'Credit/Market Risk' and 'Wealth Management' functions, with the focus being on the development of enterprise-scale applications in Java.
Working within a multidisciplinary team alongside QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Product Owners, your role will see you take up a leadership role within the team, mentoring/coaching Junior Engineers whilst at the same time acting as a key technical resource for all things Java. Your role will be predominantly back end (Java 8-13) and will also involve working with core DevOps and CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes). You will be given the chance to work on a mix of greenfield and legacy projects, with the role offering excellent long-term progression into a Tech Lead position.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven commercial experience working with Java (ideally Java 8-11) and sound knowledge of Object Oriented Principles (OOP).
- Commercial experience working with Spring Boot, Hibernate and Maven.
- Experience working with Microservices and an understanding of Multi-threading.
- Commercial experience developing front end/UI applications using Angular, Bootstrap and React.
- Strong database skills in either SQL, MongoDB, MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Commercial experience working with development tools including Git, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible and JIRA.
They are also happy to consider candidates who wish to work on a fully remote basis and remote/office working will be determined by individual preference (i.e. if you want to go into the office then it is up to you). They are happy for their Engineers to be 100% remote but in order to qualify for this, you must be based in the Czech Republic.
So if you like the sound of the above and your CV has some of the aforementioned key skills then why not apply? To do so, please contact me via the following methods:
- Contact Number: +420228883183
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential. Moreover, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews and on-boarding will be executed remotely.