Data Engineer - Azure - Spark - London - £60K
I'm looking for a Data Engineer with experience working to create new data pipelines using the latest technologies. My client specialise with the financial services industry working with clients to develop in house products.
If you have experience with Azure Data Factory, Python, Spark and Machine Learning looking to work on large scale data projects then this could be for you.
Although main responsibilities are internally facing, you will be involved in some elements of working with clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the technical expert with the latest technologies. Make recommendations to the wider business as to how to keep up to date with the best data solutions.
- Detailed Design, Coding, and Testing (Unit/CIT) of data pipelines within an existing product framework.
- Understanding and leveraging expert knowledge of Data Engineering and DataOps approaches and products
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong technical expertise using SQL Server.
- A strong understanding of SQL Azure principals (Azure Data Factory).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies including use of Git
- Experience in programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Spark for ETL
- Knowledge of Machine Learning principles
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Discretionary share options & profit sharing scheme
- Private medical insurance with Vitality
- Long term disability & death in service insurance
- Pension contribution of 6% with option to increase by a further 3%
- 25 days holiday / year increasing by 1 day per year of service to a maximum of 30 days
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to Jay Dixon email@example.com or call 0191 255 1427 for a catch up in complete confidence.