An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fast-growth FinTech business as an Azure Data Engineer.
The successful applicant will join the business on a 6-12 month contract with opportunity to extend.
Who we are looking for
In order to be successful in this role, you will ideally have the following experience;
- Proven experience working within an agile environment
- Have working with cloud service
- Good working knowledge of Azure data services e.g.: Azure SQL Database options, Azure Cosmos DB, Data Lake, Azure Storage, Data Factory, Databricks.
- Good working Knowledge of Azure Key Vault, Azure Functions, Logic Apps , Power BI
- Ability to debug issues with a development or PR environment, and understand if the environment is representative of the production infrastructure.
- Proficient (over a years experience) with both Python (in a Spark environment) and SQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell or bash
- Knowledge of using debugging tools, profilers and linters.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Able to work with Business Analysts to ensure stories are implementable and have workable acceptance criteria
- Able to discuss problem solutions in a reasoned and dispassionate way
- Able to implement business requirements as software components with accompanying unit tests and integration tests as required.
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps Pipelines is ideal but knowledge of any other Enterprise product/tool for CI/CD is also considered, e.g.: Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Able to manage branching and pull requests and engage in peer code reviews.
- Ability to modify CI/CD pipelines as required, without adversely impacting the work of colleagues.
- Knowledge of delivering solutions in the Databricks/Spark environment - architecture, execution and debugging.