Principal Architect (Cloud, Data) | Home Based | IT Consultancy | £100,000 - £125,000
I am exclusively engaged with an award-winning IT Management Consultancy who are looking to beef up their team by recruiting a Principal Architect. The organisation have been established in the technology space for 20 years and have a diverse client base spanning verticals including Financial Services, Banking, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and the UK Government. Cloud is their specialism and they've delivered projects worth north of £1bn in the last few years, with 2021 looking even better.
Taking up a hugely strategic role within the organisation, your role will see you take ownership of everything from setting out high-level strategy through to designing/delivering solutions for their clients. You will design end-stage architectures, transition states and roadmaps at portfolio-level, before engaging with delivery/engineering to deliver said solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Your role will also involve a level of technical leadership, with your role seeing you act as the 'first port of call' for clients experiencing a critical technical issue.
Travel & Working Patterns
Your role will be home-based, with client-site travel expected (3 days' per week) once COVID is in the rearview mirror (you will be 100% remote for the next 3-6 months as a minimum). Their clients are located in the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire and you will have any travel expensed covered by the organisation.
In terms of their expectations from you, rather than copying and pasting the JD, I have decided to pick out the key requirements below:
- Cloud/Data Skills - You must have proven experience in architecting and delivering high-quality and cost-effective Cloud/Data solutions, whether it is migration or transformation projects. Skills in Big Data, BI, Azure or AWS are preferred.
- Architecture - Proven and sound experience of areas including API architecture, Microservices, Serverless, RAML, SOAP, SOA etc.
- Leadership - Experience leading teams of Architects in the delivery of complex multi-£m value solutions, or portfolios in mixed green/brown-field environments
- Stakeholder Management - Proven experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (up to c-level), with prior consulting experience a bonus.
- Technology Delivery - Extensive knowledge of delivery methods (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall), with proven experience navigating the full project lifecycle.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive base salary (£100,000 - £125,000), alongside annual bonuses (10-20%), pension contributions (9%), private healthcare and fully expensed Cloud/Data certifications. You will also benefit from a generous annual tech/kit budget.
In order to apply, please contact me using the following methods:
- Telephone: 0191 338 7540
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed during the application process will remain confidential and any submissions will be fully compliant with GDPR.