Azure DevOps Engineer - Azure - North Carolina - 150K - Remote
We are looking for a talented, proactive and results-oriented software engineer. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be hands-on, proactive, good at problem solving and have a strong desire to learn and drive for perfection. This build and release engineer takes pride in creating and managing the build infrastructure and build tools using continuous delivery practices. This engineer needs to closely work with cross-functional teams to identify the issues, design and implement the proper solution, and work with the engineering team to properly test and deploy the changes. Critical thinking, writing solid and clean code, planning, documenting and communicating within the team and cross-functionally is critical to the success of the role
- Analyzing build cycle-time and optimizing software release
- Implementing software release pipeline for all components to integrate, test and deploy to production
- Developing self-service tools to enable developer efficiency for build and release tasks
- Possess a bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Exercise critical thinking skills, anticipating the needs of others
- Be an independent learner, insatiably curious, and know when to ask for help
- Demonstrate willingness to ask for clarification and context to understand the big picture
- Find multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate tradeoffs, and decide the best approach
- Have strong coding ability and testing mindset, e.g. CI/CD, high code coverage, chaos engineering
- Understand, retain, and perform complex procedures
- Breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release.
- Ability to script in Golang and Kubernetes and are a must
- Experience with configuration management tools (such as chef, puppet, ansible)
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Azure, advertising more Azure contracting jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted on (980) 259-7962. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.