My clients are an MSP who are looking to grow their Infrastructure team with an addition of a number of Engineers on this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing area of the business where you can become an integral member of the team shaping our success.
Role & Responsibilities
* Design and implement solutions based on business requirements that are in line with architecture and best practice, using the latest Microsoft and cloud-based technologies.
* Planning and implementing security measures to prevent data loss and service interruptions by the introduction of technologies that will effectively protect information systems.
* Risk analysis and review of customer's information systems, communicating recommendations through reports and presentations.
* Taking a lead role in writing tender responses to win new client work.
* Server / Application availability, performance, and security monitoring; recommend and implement improvement enhancements.
* Automating processes and procedures to help improve efficiency and standardisation across platforms.
* Monitor and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
* Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
* Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
* Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance and security.
* Guide and mentor less senior support staff.
* Provide technical support to internal Sales Function.
Skills & Qualifications
* Azure Cloud Services (IaaS + PaaS), Design and Administration
* Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace, Office 365 and EMS
* Knowledge of ISO 27001 ISMS and Cyber Essentials
* ITIL / ISO 20000 Service Management
* Microsoft Technology Stack:
* Windows 10 - Deployment and Support
* Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
* SQL Server
* System Centre
* Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V / VMware)
* Networking topologies and principles TCP/IP LAN / WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN,
* Storage Topography (SAN) + Storage Spaces
* Backup & disaster recovery processes
* Infrastructure, network and security monitoring
* PowerShell scripting
* Ideally Microsoft Certified on Azure / Office 365
* CompTIA Security+, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional