We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer to play an active role within one of the world's leading providers post-production services.
The Infrastructure Engineer will guarantee steady operation and development, collaborate, organise, manage, and monitor critical aspects of the company's infrastructure. This encompasses the development, maintenance, support, and optimisation of essential functional areas. The Infrastructure Engineer will also maintain the company's network infrastructure and mixed server estate. As a member of the Infrastructure, Networking, and Security team, you will be responsible for essential parts of both internal and client IT systems.
We are looking for candidates who have not been contracting/jumping permanent roles in the past!
* Up to �65,000
* Hybrid > 3x a week in the office
* DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
Role & Responsibilities:
* In charge of the office's network and firewall infrastructure;
* In charge of the office's mixed server estate (approximately 100 Windows Server VMs and 20 Linux Server VMs);
* Participate in IT strategic planning initiatives that align with the company's goal.
* Conduct research and provide recommendations to avoid potential technical concerns.
* Provide excellent customer service; third-line support expertise would be advantageous.
* Work with the IT Support team and other internal departments to implement infrastructure enhancements and changes, as well as resolve any difficulties.
* Architect, implement, test, and deploy creative solutions in order to keep up with our dynamic industry and stay ahead of the curve.
* As needed, contribute to system deployment and network integration.
* Constantly enhance and optimise components of the IT infrastructure and security activities, such as development or testing.
* Strong working knowledge of networking disciplines including IP routing, VPNs and VLANs
* Strong working knowledge of Vir, VMware/Nutanix (circa 15 hosts), oVirt/KVM (circa 5 hosts)
* Stong experience of Linux to support a growing open source environment including homegrown video streaming based on LAMP, Tomcat and Nimble
* Extensive experience in IT infrastructure and security protocols
* Exposure to managing equipment in Data Centers
* Key infrastructure services including AD, DNS, DHCP
* Configuration management through SALT or similar
* Good working knowledge of AWS and Azure including AAD, another area of growth in our business
* Confident in managing multiple projects at any one time
* Excellent problem solving skills
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0191 731 5282 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Azure, Microsoft 365 and Power Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're closely aligned with Microsoft technology strategy and can offer expertise, efficiency and candidate base that no other agency in the UK can.