Software Engineering Manager
An exciting opportunity within a private equity backed UK-based software vendor, with global aspirations, operating in a fantastic, fast growing market is hiring for a Engineering Manager. This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for a high-achieving, highly motivated and results orientated professional who wants to spend the next few years driving significant growth.
Role & Responsibilities
* You will have the opportunity to drive change and transform the way things are done. Develop, nurture and recruit top talent and build high-performance, world-class engineering teams. This is an opportunity to do your careers best.
* This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend some of your time writing/reviewing code or working with others on your team directly. The rest your time will be split between architectural and strategic planning with peers and senior developers and the day-to-day people management and development required of a high-performing and successful team.
* Extensive engineering management experience, including experience with global, cross-functional teams and operational and cost efficiencies
* You will be from a development background and have a good understanding of architectural practices. You will be an advocate of Agile engineering practices and you will have prior line management experience with a track record of keeping highly skilled developers motivated.
* Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
* Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.
* Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
* Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
* Be curious, research and try new working practices that can enhance the team's performance
* Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development teams
* Define and report on appropriate KPIs for both the team and executive stakeholders
* 5+ Years working experience in software development preferably with .NET, C#.
* Must come from a Design led, high-growth SaaS business background
* Expertise in technology areas including but not limited to APIs, C#, Java, Angular, NgRx, CSS3
* 3+ Years experience in a line management role with direct reports
* Knowledge on building complex web applications (RESTful APIs, Security best practices, Scalability)
* Experience in developing engineering processes
* Stong knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure Platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
* Internet allowance
* Performance bonus
* Medical aid
* Upskilling and training (certifications)
* Charity/community leave days
* 20 days leave
Next steps: please send over your updated CV to email@example.com to be considered fro this role.
We're expecting a high volume of applications for this role and while we aim to respond to every application, in some cases this may not be possible. Good luck with your application.