Data Engineer - Birmingham - £45-£60K - Hybrid
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate data developer to join a strongly diverse and technology driven private equity service provider, with clients around the world. They have been successful in expanding over the last 18 months adding over 100 people to their teams and re-inventing their culture. They are seeking to welcome an experienced individual, who enjoys independent problem solving with big data, innovating and learning in a collaborative and friendly team.
This position is for a passionate BI developer experienced in advanced SQL, T-SQL, Azure ADF Pipelines, Data Ingestion. The ideal candidate possesses a thorough understanding of logical modelling concepts and strong understanding of data visualisation tools (SSRS, Power BI).
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- ETL Data Development
- Build scalable and supportable data platforms
- Data quality and integrity
- Data Ingestion
- Data Modelling
- DWH management, development, design, modelling, concepts
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
- Creating pipelines using Azure Data Factory
- Strong SQL Server experience (T-SQL, SQL Server)
- Power BI - push data into Power BI, Power BI data sets (with DAX)
- C# coding, support and file handling
- ETL tools and design (especially SSIS)
- Azure Databases.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps Pipelines and/or other tools for CI/CD
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role):
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Lake
- Supporting projects
- Developing new projects
- Working with BAs to develop ETL, push data into Azure cloud, dimensional design
- Contribute ideas to projects
Culture & Values
- Technology Driven
- Base Salary - £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
- Plus much more…
- Working Location - can be hybrid or flexible
- Reporting Into - Data Engineering Manager
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss. This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 300 1816
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.