Lead Data Scientist - Fully Remote/Edinburgh
Negotiable Salary DOE
My client are a large retail bank, who are looking to build a state of the art Data Science function within the business and require a technical lead, an expert in data science, to lead the development and deployment of predictive models delivering benefit to the business and the customer. Working in a project environment to drive forward data science with tangible benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well renowned bank, who's focus is on digital/data solutions to grow the business, this is a good fit for those who enjoy giving ownership and freedom over their solutions, are comfortable managing a small team and with plans to progress into a Data Science Manager role.
Role & Responsibilities
* Lead the technical end-to-end design and deployment of predictive models using data science methods to deliver powerful tools to make better customer and business decisions.
* Be the technical interface with business stakeholders to ensure commercial and credit risk requirements are accurately captured and data science solutions are delivered in the right form to meet their needs.
* Always keep the customer in sight and ensure a Minimal Viable Product is delivered to make a tangible difference.
* Support the Data Science Manager in growing the technical capability of Data Science colleagues and be an advocate for Data Science across the Customer Division.
* Keep abreast of Data Science innovation with external centres of excellence and be the expert point of contact for data science use cases across the Bank.
* Ensure that all models are built and used within the Bank's model governance framework. Act as the lead contact with internal oversight functions.
* Be the lead technical interface into other areas of Analytics and the wider Customer division to extract tangible value from data science solutions delivered by the team.
Skills & Qualifications
* 5 years experience of data science and predictive modelling to tackle business problems in banking commercial and/or credit risk.
* Strong background in maths/stats, computer science
* Grasp of profit / loss drivers in retail banking and an understanding of credit risk principles and application.
* 5 years working in a fast paced project environment.
Bonus up to 25%
Flexible Work from Home
To apply to this role, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org