Job Title: Cloud Systems Engineer (Azure)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $150K 10% Bonus
MUST RESIDE: NY, PA, WA, CO, MA, RI, CT, NJ, IL, VA, MD, FL, TX, AZ, OR, CA, NH, IN.
The hiring company is a leading provider of cloud migration and managed cloud services for AWS and Azure. We specialize in HIPAA, HITRUST, and PCI cloud services.
The Cloud Systems Engineer primarily encompass fulfilling an engineering role in project-based engagements with clients, focusing on deploying cloud environments based on agreed upon architecture, navigating clients through applications integration phase, and taking clients to the finish line with go-live. Additionally, Cloud Systems Engineers participate in architecture design and reviews, sporadic pre-sales calls to fulfill subject matter expertise, and reviews of clients' existing environments as part of a well-architected process.
- 3 years of experience working on the Azure platform
- Embraced IaC and have used ARM templates and Terraform to deploy on Azure extensively
- Experience with native VSTS, DevOps or 3rd party tools like Jenkins, Travis or Git to create CI/CD pipelines
- Expert level understanding of Azure networking: Azure VPN, ExpressRoute, vNet peering, NSG, Availability Zones options, networking for DR scenarios, for geo-redundancy and more
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, Python, Azure CLI, Resource Graph Query etc.)
- Sysadmin experience with Windows and/or Linux
- High attention to new Azure services and features and deep curiosity about technology and industry trends
- Willingness to stretch into new areas beyond Azure platform
- Work on interesting client projects spanning a wide range of activities like cloud deployments, migrations to cloud, reviews of client cloud environments from the perspective of best practices, security/compliance and cost, automation and more.
- Represent the company's cloud enablement and management capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints
- Determine client requirements and provide solution design and technical descriptions
- Work with our Managed Services team to provide smooth transition of client environments for ongoing management, which includes written environment documentation, updated diagrams and conducting internal handover sessions at completion of each project
- Develop and grow internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and present ongoing technical training to junior members of the team
Technical Competencies (Continued):
- Cloud computing on Azure
- Migrations to Azure
- Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- Security/Compliance Services
- Manage Cloud Services
- Outsources IT Infrastructure Solutions
- 10% Bonus
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!