Job Type: Full-Time/Perm
Job Title: Azure Systems Engineer
Salary: $150,000-165,000 10% Bonus
Location: Remote in the following states: NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA, IL, FL, TX, MD, IN, RI
- Experience deploying resources in Azure using IaC
- Experience deploying with ARM templates/Terraform
- Experience performing on-prem application migrations to Azure Cloud
- Strong Azure Networking background
Summary: The Azure Systems Engineer will work in project-based engagements with clients, focusing on deploying cloud environments based on agreed upon architecture, navigating clients through application integration phases, and taking clients to the finish line.
The Azure Systems Engineer will also participate in architecture design and reviews, sporadic pre-sales calls to fulfill subject matter expertise, and reviews of clients' existing environments as part of a well-architected process.
The Azure Systems Engineer is expected to be a thought leader, and therefore highly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of cloud services and the industry, including:
- Cloud Computing on Azure
- Migrations to Azure
- Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- Security/Compliance Services
- Managed Cloud Services
- Outsourced IT Infrastructure Solutions
- Work on interesting client projects spanning a wide range of activities like cloud deployments, migrations to cloud, reviews of client cloud environments from the perspective of best practices, security/compliance and cost, automation, etc.
- Effectively represent company cloud enablement and management capabilities to prospective customers and existing customers, influencing customer expectations at met and exceeded on time within budget.
- Determine client requirements and provide solution design and technical descriptions.
- Work with our Managed Services team to provide smooth transition of client environments for ongoing management.
- Develop and grow internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and present ongoing technical training to junior members of the team.
- 3 years of experience working on the Azure platform
- In-depth IaC experience, using ARM templates and Terraform to deploy on Azure extensively
- Experience with native VSTS, DevOps or 3rd party tools like Jenkins, Travis or Git to create CI/CD pipelines
- Expert level understanding of Azure networking: Azure VPN, ExpressRoute, vNet peering, NSG, Availability Zones options, networking for DR scenarios, for geo-redundancy and more
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, Python, Azure CLI, Resource Graph Query, etc.)
- System Admin experience with Windows and/or Linux
- 2 Azure Associate certifications or at least one Expert Azure Certification
- Experience successfully performing rehost/replatform/refactor migration to Azure (ASR or 3rd party tools)
- Experience using configuration management tools like DSC, Puppet
- Some level of experience with AWS is a big plus
- Excellent bonus/comp packages
- Remote (based on location)
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email email@example.com / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.