Data Engineer Manager - Lichfield
Are you a talented data engineer looking for your next opportunity?
This client is a well-known British brand that has been in operation since 1844! With a long history, they have gathered a lot of data over the years. They are now in the process of modernising their Data and Analytics functions.
As they are currently going through the process of an exciting digital transformation, they are looking for an experienced data engineer who can help lead the Data and Analytics function while they migrate from their on-premise warehouse to the Microsoft Azure platform.
They are looking for an ambitious, forward-thinking engineer who has the ability to drive their team forward and make effective changes that will have lasting impacts on the BI and Analytics team.
- Lead the migration of the on-premise data warehouse to Azure
- Design and build robust data solutions
- Influence and contribute towards the next stage of our data strategy
- Lead the contribution of the Data Engineering team
- Act as a custodian for the Azure data platform - ensure performance, security, and data integrity are at the forefront of all decisions
- Work closely with data engineers as a senior contributor on the design, building, and management of the new data platform
- Create a learning culture through coaching and mentoring your team
- Strong Azure experience including orchestrating and governing data pipelines, integration, data modeling and release management
- Strong hands-on experience with Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse and Databricks
- Leadership skills - previous experience leading a data engineering team
- Strong SQL
- Useful: python
- Base salary: up to £70,000 depending on experience
- Car allowance £6,200
- Bonus - Up to 20% non-contractual (dependent on company and personal performance)
- Holiday - 34 days including bank holidays
- Colleague discount
- Annual medical care
- Flexible working - 1 day a month in the office
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group