Sr Business Analyst - $110k
The Sr. Business Analyst will occupy a key position on the team that builds and maintains our Product Dictionary at the foundation of our business. Collaborating with other IT professionals, data scientists and commercial teams, you will be gathering and analyzing business needs, researching, identifying and documenting process improvements, building functional specifications, and joining the team in executing a DevOps model for production support.
- Analyze and define requirements and processes relating to the corporate product catalog, translating business needs into features.
- Develop systems specifications, process flows, and conversion strategies, describing the integration and communication between applications, database, technology platforms, and users.
- Document features and assist product owners to build appropriate backlogs for agile team development. Write documentation in clear language that can be understood by non-technical team members, as well as documenting technical detail needed by engineers.
- Review scope of project and support requests, including detailed impact analysis to a complex system and generation of Level Of Effort estimates.
- Analyze existing systems, identifying options for potential solutions and assessments of both technical and business suitability.
- Define and automate best practices and standards, as well as implement policies developed by security, governance and other teams.
- Coordinate resource planning and task prioritization to support corporate priorities, and communicate timelines to partner teams. Work with remote development teams, internal IT and business to ensure needs of business are being met.
- Utilize DevOps practices for planning, coordination, and automated deployment.
- Engage in continuous improvement of processes and capabilities to take advantage of new technology offerings.
- 5+ years' Business Analysis experience in a technical setting.
- Strong analytical and process planning skills.
- Expert in gathering business requirements and translating them into features, stories and functional specifications for technical teams.
- Previous experience working in agile team using scrum, Kanban or similar.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills and the ability to work within all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Broad technical understanding across various software, methodologies, platforms, tools and languages.
- Experience with the Azure ecosystem is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and drive for superior product quality.
- Preference given for Behavior Driven Development experience, such as Behave, Lettuce or Cucumber.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant discipline.
- ISEB qualified Business Analyst or an advanced Masters degree preferred.
If this role is of interest please reach out to Emily at email@example.com!