Senior Risk Manager (Risk & Controls) | Banking | Bristol
I am engaged with a leading UK Bank, a client I have worked with for 6+ years now, as they look to recruit an experienced Senior Risk Manager with a proven background working within enterprise assurance, risk management and governance. Based out of their Bristol location, this role will see you work closely with a range of departments and is a hugely strategic hire for the business in 2021.
You will be working as part of their senior management function, taking control of x2 separate teams with 6 direct reports (the wider team will consist of 30-40 people). Your role will see you essentially be responsible, in partnership with 2nd line and business leads, for the design and implementation of an annual risk-based outcome and control testing plan of critical controls (documented within ARM) and of key customer journeys / processes, taking account of industry and regulatory changes. Reporting into the Head of Risk & Governance, you will be in a stakeholder-facing position and will be expected to liaise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders throughout the delivery lifecycle.
This role will be 100% remote and post-COVID, you will be expected to be in the office a maximum of 1/2 days' per week. This organisation are committed to flexible working and understand that we have entered a 'new normal' when it coms to remote working, so want to continue to ensure all employees are given as much flexibility as possible.
Rather than copying and pasting the job description, I wanted to highlight the key requirements for this role:
- Risk Management (1st/2nd Line) - Candidates must have proven experience working in a Risk Management role (not necessarily in a Bank), either in 1st or 2nd line (or both).
- Stakeholder Management - You must be able to demonstrate commercial experience dealing with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, with proven experience communicating complex Risk Management frameworks in a simple manner.
- Leadership - This is a people management role so you must have proven experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, including performance management, coaching, mentoring and personal development.
- Control Testing - Your role will see you looking after both 'Control Testing' and 'Outcome Testing' - you should therefore have good knowledge and understanding of risk controls, control testing plans and the strategy around the implementation of both.
So if you like the sound of the above role and would like to find out more information then please reach out. You can get in touch with me via the following:
- Telephone: 0191 338 7540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential and all applications submitted will be done so with full candidate permission, therefore fully compliant with GDPR.