Looking for a Senior DBA to join one of the world's largest and most respected financial Institutions. With many years of success, quality and innovation behind them. They offer careers that provide endless opportunity- helping millions of Individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now take for granted.
They also work closely with their employees to understand their career aspirations and provide paid for certifications and training courses which ultimately help to sign post their development to achieve these goals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Utilise proven database development experience (DB2 plus one of either Oracle or MariaDB) in leading the data element of projects to influence technical and delivery strategy. This includes working collaboratively with product managers, release managers and other engineers and will include working with data modellers and with data modelling tools.
- Contributing to the development of data and database standards and ensure conformance to these standards.
- Review data access requirements to ensure they are sufficiently comprehensive and detailed to support effective database development and be able to define, design and develop database access modules (Stored Procedures) to meet the API architecture.
- Present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
- Liaise with multiple delivery teams including Internal teams and external suppliers, and lead the coordination of data design in confirming requirements for system, backup and other requirements, ensuring that they understand and follow the system design, resolving any technical issues that arise.
- Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the data design is maintained throughout delivery, reviewing and approving any technical changes being proposed.
- Define the optimum approach for the technical development of a project, balancing cost, time, quality and risk.
- Managing the development and testing Database environments and follow standards and best practices related to the migration of data between non production environments and production, employing effective segregation of duties.
- Work closely with data modellers and from the data models, working within the ER Studio tool to deliver database designs.
- Utilise devops tooling, i.e. Stash, Jenkins and automated database deployment tools to take the database design through the build, test, performance tuning, implementation phases and the delivery of strategies for database availability, recovery and monitoring.
- Utilise experience in Treasury, Liquidity and PSD2/CMA database offerings to deliver new and enhanced data solutions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong practical experience with data models, data flow diagrams, capturing and using meta-data, metadata modelling, relational databases and bridge forward/ bridge back data techniques
- Proven ability to drive change within a Business Unit through innovative and creative approach to problem solving, using knowledge of Banking Business to make compelling business cases for doing so
- Provide assistance in the evaluation/selection of package solutions
- Flexible working
- Great career progression
- + Many more great benefits
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin email@example.com or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.