My client is seeking a D365 professional offering high level expertise within Finance, to assist in the solutioning and full implementation cycle of D365 for new and existing clients.
Financial business process understanding is essential, with candidates expected to hold a firm grasp of ERP financials, as well as ideally offering some form of finance/ accounting qualification (eg. CIMA/ ACCA).
The candidate will the lead the solution design for the financials stream engaging with clients to understand scope requirements and assisting project management to deliver the solution. The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep overall knowledge of Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 for Finance and possess a proven track record of successfully delivering complex, full lifecycle ERP implementations.
Your Finance expertise and product knowledge will mean you will aim to become a trusted advisor, guiding the customer through the implementation and advising them of industry best practice.
This experience ideally should be gained in a large or medium sized consultancy environment.
Responsibilities and Experience:
The Finance functional lead shall:
- Be able to run workshops with Clients to determine the functional requirements for the implementation in the Finance area
- Be able to describe and demonstrate how standard Financial processes are performed on D365 Finance and Operations.
- Have a good understanding of standard financial practices in the UK
- Have an in-depth knowledge of D365 Finance in the following module areas
o General Ledger (Inc. Chart of Accounts, Financial Dimensions)
o Cash and Bank
o Fixed Assets
o Accounts Payable
o Accounts Receivable
o Consolidation and Elimination
o Cost Apportionment
o Budgeting and Budget control
o Standard financial Reporting (including Management Reporter)
- Be able to confirm the configuration required to support the business processes defined by the customer
- Identify areas where customisations or extensions may be required (including changes to standard reports if needed)
- Oversee the creation of functional designs for any customisations or extensions
- Responsible for the definition of test scenarios in relation to customisations
- Ideally be certified at an Associate level on D365 Finance (having passed the MB-300 Dynamics Core and MB-310 Dynamics Finance exams)
The finance lead must have a good understanding of:
- Uk standard financial practices
- UK tax requirements (especially VAT and Making Tax Digital)
- Configuration of Finance for different process areas. These could include Financial services, Project Management, Supply Management, Manufacturing operations and Retail/Commerce.
- Capabilities of GER (General Electronic Reporting)
- Banking formats used in the UK
- An understanding of potential changes to UK finance requirements as a result of Brexit would be desirable
- 7 years client-facing experience in management consulting and/or business transformation with a strong focus on implementing Dynamics Finance.
- Strong client leadership and engagement skills up to C-level
- Ability to lead and influence business conversations
- Strong business acumen
- Expert in understanding clients' business problems and uncovering customers business pains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline or equivalent
For more information about this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch.