Senior Azure Solution Architect - Home based - up to £100,000
The Senior Azure Solution Architect will provide hands-on Azure implementation, configuration, custom development and best practice support across all my client's departments and customers.
As a senior member of the team you will be given full autonomy as well as assisting with the development, enhancement, and documentation of methodologies across our data-led Microsoft Azure projects. Someone who will be comfortable in mentoring other Architects is desired.
- Work with Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS) technologies enabling change and transformation of their environment
- Demonstrate clear technology thinking and a sound understanding of technology solution design principles.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills and be able to utilise CI/CD techniques
- Experience of designing complex technical solutions on Microsoft Azure and exposure to technologies such as big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, automation and Internet of Things.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Azure infrastructure designs you produce from security by design to creating accompanying high-quality documentation and including technical delivery
- Technical Authority for project delivery and solution designs
- Provide feedback / peer review on designs produced by colleagues in the Azure Practice
- Deep understanding of Data and BI solutions, especially cloud-based solutions, enabling you to be a Technical Leader to support estimation, planning and delivery in Data Engineering and across the business
- Proven experience in adaptable solution design across complex application landscapes
- Capability to lead transformational IT programmes and mentor other Solution Architects
What you'll need:
- You will need to be able to show experience with the entire data lifecycle, with a variety of onboarding techniques from cloud and legacy systems in batch and streaming scenarios. You should be able to propose Data Lake zoning strategies and describe how these can be implemented
- You need an expert knowledge of the key components, notably Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse and Azure Database, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
- An ability to model data in dimensional models is required and experience of other modelling techniques such as Data Vault desirable
- Knowledge of the fundamental underpinnings of Azure solution design is required.
- Candidates require experience delivering projects using Azure DevOps and MLOps
- Core technology expertise in Microsoft Azure Migration from On-Prem/Cloud to Azure Platform, Microsoft SQL, Storage and Networking
Nice to have:
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certifications (Azure Architect Technologies/Architect Design, Azure Data Solutions, Cognitive Services, Cosmos DB, Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Data Share, HDInsight, Kubernetes, Machine Learning, ML Studio, Synapse Analytics)
- Certified in Agile methodologies and/or a Design Thinking practitioner
- Familiarity and experience with Medical data
What you get:
- Salary up to £100,000
- Company share option schemes
- 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
- Electric Vehicles & Cycle to work schemes
- Proactive career development planning
Would you like to know more about this rare opportunity?
Contact Cameron Spencer directly on 0191 223 5303 or email@example.com