A manufacturing company based in the heart of Detroit has an opportunity in the accounting department. If you are looking for an opportunity in growth, with a fun culture, look no further!
In exchange for your experience, you will be offered a competitive salary, 401k with company match, excellent benefit package, and casual work attire!
A seasoned Senior Accountant with a minimum of 5 years of recent experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or trade services firm is needed. The ideal candidate will have worked in this capacity while utilizing Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Lead and process inventory and purchasing functions affecting accounting records
- Lead and perform job cost accounting functions for equipment installations
- Implement, lead and perform gas accounting functions
- Perform bill of materials process manufacturing functions in accounting system
- Lead and coordinate timely cycle counts
- Create and monitor proper allocations to departments for financial transactions
- Perform month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare work papers and year-end schedules supporting the annual tax return
- Ensure accurate conversions of unit of measures for purchase and usage
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Perform various sales and other financial analysis with attention to detail
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and goals
- 4 year degree with Accounting preferred
- Minimum 5 years working with Dynamic Great Plains
- Minimum 2 years experience designing and using MS Access queries, Microsoft Excel or Business Analytic tools (preferred, but not required).
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to use critical thinking
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Access: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place