An organisation with great Microsoft Data Platform credentials in York is currently seeking a skilled SQL DBA to join their team in response to the growth of their team.
Working as part of the managed services team, you'll be responsible for a wide range of SQL Server Database Administration duties for a number of different customers.
You'll be primarily focused on production duties for a range of SQL Server Estates, often including versions 2008-2017, with some on 2019 or Azure. You'll be responsible for not only problem-solving and fault-fixing, but also proactive maintenance and optimisation, upgrades and new releases to estates, and Disaster Recovery.
As part of your role you'll be customer-facing, responsible for not only fixing faults but also helping customers understand the causes and how to prevent future faults, so great communication skills and ability to translate technical terms to a functional audience is key.
You'll be office-based to the west of Central York in normal circumstances, however you will be initially based remotely in this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- SQL Database Administration
- Workload prioritisation and ticketing
- Customer interaction and service
Skills & Qualifications
- Production DBA Experience in SQL Server 2008 onwards, including Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning, Stored Procedures, Capacity Planning and more
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills, written and spoken
- Experience in MS Azure is desirable
- Starting salary of around £45,000
- Performance-related Bonus of up to 10% per year
- Generous Pension Contribution
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to Owen Mitchell on email@example.com or call 0191 338 7552 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Twitter = @NigelFrank_BI
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/owen-mitchell-b84984b2/