You will be a network engineer working on a wide range of client infrastructures. You will provide support and technical expertise for the routing, switching, firewalls and security of networks. You will work alongside the support team as a senior escalation point.
To maintain a high degree of customer service ensuring responses are accurate. As an initial point of escalation for our 1st line and 2nd line teams, you will be required to take network issues, fully understand the problem and resolve within agreed SLAs. The work will be both remote and onsite at client's premises.
Taking ownership of issues and ensuring the customers' expectations and both set, met and exceeded.
Ideally you will have worked in an MSP before. Experience with network management and monitoring tools are desirable. CCNA minimum requirement, CCNP preferable.
Technical Skills Required:
- Cisco based data networks
- Cisco switches
- Cisco Meraki
- Routing & Switching
- Firewalls & Security
- LAN & WAN
- Network monitoring and performance
- Understanding of networking and troubleshooting.
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, subnets, DNS and what makes up an IT network.
- Diagnosing internet connection issues.
- Diagnosing Wi-Fi issues.
- Firewall configuration and troubleshooting.
You will be an experienced network engineer with several year's commercial experience. Excellent knowledge of Cisco networks and firewalls security.
We expect you to:
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a flexible working attitude
- To be reliable and honest
- Produce and keep up to date documentation on client's systems
- Floor walk and assist the service desk teams
- Produce weekly playbooks and report to senior management team
- Be proactive
- Strong client facing skills
If you're looking to take the next step in your career and be part of a growing organisation then submit your CV or contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.