Whilst you will technically be a senior member within the helpdesk team, you will also be required to answer the phone and speak to clients when they call for assistance. You will agree a priority and next steps with the client and will update the call details in our helpdesk system.
You can then work alongside your helpdesk colleagues to resolve the issue, or discuss and assign to another team member so that you can work on calls that are escalated to you from 1st and 2nd line. You will also be identifying the root cause of issues and recurring problems and updating the Helpdesk Team Leader and/or Technical Consultant as appropriate. You will keep technical documentation up to date and share knowledge with the team.
Building relationships with the clients is key, so it is important that the helpdesk team also visit clients with the Technical Consultants, to build relationships with the client and the Technical Consultant and also enhance client knowledge and technical skills.
Technical knowledge and skills
- 5+ years experience in a 2nd line or technical field based role
- Detailed knowledge and troubleshooting experience with VMWare and Hyper V
- Advanced server administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 product stack and advanced troubleshooting skills including Powershell
- Advanced Exchange knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of network routing, VLANs and access control across a number of vendors (eg HPE, Cisco)
- In depth understanding of Storage Area Network, connectivity and storage concepts. Experience of administering and troubleshooting SANs.
- Advanced backup troubleshooting and recovery of virtual machines and databases (eg Exchange, Active Directory, SQL).
- Quarterly bonus
- Pension plan
- Keep fit and healthy with Gym or Squash club membership
- Private Health insurance
- Breakfast and Lunch ingredients
- Keep hydrated with cold water, tea and the best coffee machine in the land
- 29 days holiday