1st/2nd line MDM, Mobility & Microsoft Support - £23,000 - York - 15% training time allocated.
InTune and AirWatch support
Now if I fancied making a switch to an IT career, rather than recruitment - there are 3 key things I would look for in a role:
- Somewhere that would take someone with little experience (obviously) and offer training opportunities that aren't hot air.
- Somewhere with the ambition to match my own where I can grow and progress through my career without having to move house/job every couple of years.
- Somewhere interesting where I'm not one of a thousand, pushing a button without any responsibility or individuality.
At the risk of sounding like a predictable recruiter, this role ticks all of these boxes.
- There is an EXPECTATION that you will spend between 10-15% of your time on development (mentoring, 1-1's etc) this is a commitment made by the company and for many candidates I have placed here the reality was 30% of their time. This is time spent on training DIRECT FROM MICROSOFT that other company's just can't offer, which you can't put a price on.
- They already a leading light in Microsoft 365/Office 365, Azure and Cyber/Microsoft Security solutions and after a huge round of investment are targeting growth of more than 300% in the next 5 years, aiming to be a key player in this industry moving into brand new offices and training the best of the best staff. Besides this I expect anyone working for a consultancy and Microsoft partner to pick up experience at 4x the rate they would at an end-user or the company down the road because of the volume of work and training.
- You will be a specialist - trained in MDM solutions and working with them to a 1st/2nd line level, people will look to you as someone who really knows their stuff and you'll be on a development pathway that finishes in Solutions Architecture (some of the best paying jobs in the industry). You won't be pigeon holed - over time you will specialise in more areas, this is just the start.
- To provide Mobile Device Management (MDM) 1st Line Technical Support to External Customers
- Answer and triage incoming calls and emails to determine which service is required and liaise with the relevant technical personnel to manage calls through to completion
- Resolve issues experienced by Customers with the MDM solution on their mobile devices (tablets, phones etc.)
- We ask simply that you love IT and are willing to put the work in to earn a career in it
- IT experience is naturally preferred, helpdesk experience ideal.