Job Title: O365 Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Senior Systems Engineering, we are looking for a talented administrator who is passionate about cloud technologies and considers automation as the direction to implement solutions. The O365 Administrator will work closely with cross functional teams across the organization to design, champion, deploy and support the Microsoft O365 environment. This position will have expertise in all aspects of Microsoft O365 and will adhere to standards and best practices across the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude with the various administration panels to include Teams, Exchange, etc. The System Administrator will work with both the engineering and service desk teams to assist with troubleshooting and updating settings based on customer requirements.
The candidate will be able to translate business requirements into effective technical solutions on the O365 platform. Additional responsibilities include recommending system changes and enhancements, documenting specifications, maintaining, and updating policies/standards/procedures related to the platform, and training users. This role will primarily focus on end-to-end development and support of the platform using modern technologies and pragmatic practices.
* Serve as the de facto subject matter expert (SME) and technical escalation resource for the O365 platform and related technologies (e.g., Azure AD, Exchange, Endpoint Management)
* Manage, support, and provide technical expertise for all Office 365 applications including Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Azure AD, Office Web Apps, Stream, Power BI, Power Apps, MS Forms, Project Online, Security and Compliance, etc.
* Microsoft Endpoint Management - Responsible for device management, maintaining the Intune/Autopilot environment OSD creation/maintenance, application packaging/deployment, Windows patching, hardware specs, etc.
* Active Directory/Intune policy implementation and troubleshooting
* Proven understanding of PowerShell scripting to automate tasks and analyze data
* Provide Tier 3 support to Windows endpoints in coordination with a team of service desk and desktop support specialists
* Utilize expertise in Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and PowerShell scripting
* Manage and support SMTP Relay and Secure Email Gateway (SEG) solutions
* Develop deep knowledge of core business functions to identify opportunities to leverage platform capabilities and improve business processes
* Manage support for daily operations through assisting with business units and system incidents, responding to support calls, and working to ensure the right people are informed of and engaged in issues
* Manage related end-user capabilities including, but not limited to O365 user accounts, shared mailboxes, distribution groups
* Collaborate closely with desktop support, security, infrastructure, and other technology teams to ensure tasks are completed effectively and efficiently
* Identify, evaluate, and recommend new products, technologies, roadmaps, strategies, and future trends in client-facing Windows hardware & software, as well as potential areas for process improvement
* Translate business requirements into efficient and effective technical solutions on platform
* Drive innovate design within the platform while promoting pragmatic solutions
* Ensure that solutions, processes, and business knowledge is documented and communicated to other members of the technology team to mitigate single point of contact risk
* Promote teamwork and collaboration. Identify opportunities to assist other team members with their book of work. Coach and mentor direct reports and peers
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technology related field
* 3+ years' relevant work experience
* Able to collaborate and coordinate with other individuals, teams, and stakeholders. Able to appropriately and effectively delegate work to others and drive to get things done
* Strong client-facing skills. Proven track record to partner with the business directly whenever possible, to ensure solution requirements and quality are addressed in a timely/urgent fashion during the development cycle
* Able to quickly identify risk factors, communicate, and formulate solutions to mitigate risks
* Deep understanding of application development design principles and patterns, and the software development lifecycle
* Familiarity with automated test, build, and integration techniques
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft O365 and related environment, tools, and administration
* Strong knowledge of common Windows productivity tools such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, etc.
* Business experience in financial functions such as accounting, lending, securities trading, etc. is a plus
* Detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Strong ability to be an active listener. Able to present complex, technical ideas in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences
* You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
* You must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check
* You must be willing to work from the Chicago, IL office
Please email email@example.com for immediate consideration!