Job Title: Technical Manager, Microsoft Operations
Job Type: Full-Time/Perm
Salary: $175,000-200,000k (base)
Location: On-site, Fremont, CA
This position is on-site full-time
MUST HAVE Skills:
- Strong ability to build and maintain servers (on-prem*)
- Azure / MS 365 (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Teams, Intune, SharePoint, etc.)
- Prior experience consulting closely with clientsSummary: Our client, a leading MSP in the Microsoft Partner Network for 25+ years, is looking to for a leader to their team who will continue to drive the business forward, with the mentality to build the business as an owner would. In this role, your work will change daily and span the full range of business technology services-cloud migrations, cybersecurity, networking, Microsoft deployments, datacenter operations, R&D, disaster recovery, etc. You will support a team that can handle any issue, and help mentor junior techs so they can become bigger contributors. You will work directly with clients and become invested in their success. In an era of enterprise IT jobs with narrow focus and responsibility, and often no direct contact with the company's customers, you'll get to work on a wide range of projects, prove your leadership, care about what you do because you know who you're doing it for.
This role is incredibly hands-on and client-facing. The Manager is expected to be on-site and travel to client sites to act as their technical and professional advocate. This position is suited for a true expert who enjoys being out in the field and part of the action.
***Advanced knowledge of Azure and MS365 is a must to succeed in this role***
This position is most suitable for a tenured candidate with proven experience working as senior systems/network engineer, looking to move into an owner/managerial role. The ideal fit will have a strong background in Microsoft servers, small to mid-market business networks, cybersecurity, and datacenter operations.
Must have proven expertise performing migrations, deployments, integrations, and implementations via Azure/MS365 technologies, and the ability to complete architecture designs and provide operational support.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Migrate clients to private cloud solutions in our client's exclusive datacenter, MS365, or Azure
* Build, update, and repair on-premise and cloud servers
* Set up and maintain network equipment at client sites
* Perform management, technical pre-sales, and delivery of Microsoft cloud service integrations
* Work with customers to identify, plan, and deploy advanced Microsoft solutions and integrations
* Oversee the architecture, project coordination, and deployment of advanced Microsoft and other 3rd party data center solutions
* Fine tune N-able's N-central RMM solution for top performance
* Setup cloud backups with N-able Cove Backup Management and maintain backup mirrors in our exclusive datacenter
* Assess and work with a broad range of technologies including LAN/WAN, VPN, Messaging, IDP, and overall network and systems management
* Perform management and SQL/Linux maintenance for hosted websites and databases
* Migration projects (Cloud to Cloud, On-Prem to Cloud, Exchange Online migrations, O365 migrations, Windows/Linux servers to Azure IaaS)
* Enterprise deployment projects (Microsoft EMS deployment / migrations)
* Implementation projects (Active Directory, SfB, Teams, etc.)
* Identity and Access Management using Microsoft Security offerings (Azure AD, ATP, etc.)
* Infrastructure projects, including O365, Azure, Intune MDM, Windows Autopilot, Conditional Access, App Modernization, Azure IAM, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
* Microsoft Solution Certifications (e.g., Windows 2019) or experience necessary to achieve/obtain certifications
* 15+ years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, MS365, Skype for Business/Teams, Intune, OneDrive, Hyper-V
* Experience with Azure hosting environments
* Advanced knowledge with Networking components (ISP, Firewall installation, switches)
Nice to Have:
* Network hardware configuration(Extreme, Juniper, F5)
Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, vision, and long-and short-term disability insurance, AD&D and life insurance, discretionary bonuses, paid technical training/certifications, and on-site car detailing on your birthday!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email email@example.com / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.