Are you a talented BI Developer or Data Engineer looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a respected, growing, ambitious company? My client place a huge focus on their Business Intelligence and Data.
My client are a well known organisation within the Retail industry, who has recently gone through a huge migration to they Azure Data Platform.
My client is renowned for giving back to their local community. They strive to create a culture of diversity and inclusivity. They are family orientated and believe in recognition of their talented employees.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Building the platform to collaborate more.
* Requests from business where they are still using Excel.
* Working with new data feeds.
* Upskill Business Analysts to use the Azure Data Platform, help them produce data models.
* Pull data and do some reporting and analytics
* Modify models
* Bring in new data sources
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* SQL - writing scripts, converting scripts, writing stored procedures
* Azure Data Factory - build pipelines with data flow, transform data to push into target flows, data Capture (slow changing dimensions Types 1 and Types 2), modelling data, working with data flows.
* Data Warehousing - 3+ years experience - understand how tables are distributed, understand all the stages on how you would design a table, indexing.
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role, if you have them - great, but if not you will be given the chance to develop these skills over time):
* DevOps - Building CI/CD pipelines. Integration into ADF model.
* Azure Synapse
* Data Lake
* Azure Functions
* Power Platform
These are a few examples of projects this team are working on, to give you an example of what you could be getting involved in:
* They have recently completed their migration from legacy platform to Azure Data Platform. Next will be upgrading it, building it better and making it more effective.
* Migration of one of their internal systems to cloud.
* Help the Finance Department forecast info that needs to be better modelled.
* Help Operations with their Dashboarding, it requires upgrading.
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 5+ years' experience in the Data industry
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From �45,000 to �55,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 22 days annual leave
* Health Benefit Scheme
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - 1 day a month in the office
* Office Location - Lichfield
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Working Hours - 39 hours
* Interview Process - 3 Stages
* Salary Reviews - annually
* Progression Options - Senior > Principle
* Training & Development Options
* Dress Code - Casual
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this opportunity is not exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway. From reviewing your CV I will call you to discuss what you are looking for, and match your expectations up to the other roles I am working on, that are more suitable.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check