Senior Data Engineer
Are you a talented Data Engineer with Azure experience who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious, innovative, expanding company? My client are putting a focus on their Business Intelligence and Data.
My client are one of the UK's leading investment management companies. It's an exciting time to join the company, as they have recently been acquired, and been given lots of investment into the BI & Data function. This role has come about as a result of growth.
This is currently a team of 19 people, with half based in London and half in Newcastle. They have 4 technical team leads who are business-aligned and then a pool of Data Engineers and Senior Data Engineers.
The purpose of the this team is to support the development of a data platform so that they can provide data and analytics to the business.
They work on a modern Delta Lakehouse tech stack built on Databricks, Azure Data Lake, SQL and Python. This role is very much a hands-on role, and the leadership team are all still very hands-on.
The ideal candidate is someone who can come in and lead an initiative - someone who can plan the work and ensure the delivery of the work. This is an opportunity to work within a very modern architectural space - so from a professional growth perspective it's what any data engineer would be looking for to take their career to the next level.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Leading projects and taking ownership of deliverables.
* Data Warehousing
* Implement data pipelines and new features within our Delta Lakehouse architecture.
* Contribute to the design and development of the data models used for analytics and reporting.
* Plus more...
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* Azure Delta Lake
* Azure Data Lake
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role/ ?? industry.
* Excellent communication: clear, concise &
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £70,000 to £90,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 25 days holiday (26 including extra "Christmas shopping day")
* Discretionary bonus each December
* Company Pension
* Volunteer Day
* Wellbeing Package
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - 2 days a week in the office
* Office Location - London / Newcastle / Edinburgh
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Interview Process - 3 Stages
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.