Power BI Developer
My client are a long established manufacturing leader in their niche industry, who are looking at centralising and tidying up their reporting function. They had analysts embedded within areas of the business across the globe, but they never had a central team to create high quality reports. They brought in Power BI premium a few years ago and 2 people have self taught in this area, but would like someone to come in, who can teach them a few things and can hit the ground running.
This is a great opportunity for someone to come in at a ground level at the beginning of global analytics team. There is a lot of support from Executive level for analytics and a lot of investment. They will be looking to implement Snowflake as a cloud platform and get into predictive analytics and machine learning in the future.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Gather requirements from Business Users
* Build scopes/prototypes
* Testing / UAT
* Write reports that will help to shape the strategy of the company.
* Deliver analytics and insights
* Create Dashboards
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* Power BI
* Power Query
* Data Modelling
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role, if you have them - great, but if not you will be given the chance to develop these skills over time):
* SAP Database Management
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 2+ years' experience with Power BI.
* Come from an analytical background: Numerical / Physics / Statistics Degree.
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £38,000 to £60,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* Health insurance / life insurance
* Payment protection
* Discretionary Bonus
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - Ideally 1 or 2 days a week in the office. Open to once a month for those further afield.
* Office Location - York
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Interview Process - 2 stages
* Attendance to events and conferences.
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
* Dress Code - Business Casual
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this opportunity is not exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway. From reviewing your CV I will call you to discuss what you are looking for, and match your expectations up to the other roles I am working on, that are more suitable.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Telephone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a Permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK, with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Checks.